Thursday, October 26, 2006

All change

Mike has been educating me on the wonders of Cascading Styling Sheets so it's all change today on the blog.

Last night I optimised the rendering code quite a bit and managed to shave off a lot of time (around 40 scan lines!!!) it was all down to reorganising things and using tables rather than calculating.

The picture attached shows how much time I've saved in the timing bars (cyan is the render time for the scrolling area, red is the sprite rendering time) so you can see the change from the last post.

So I have now moved some of the calulcation to tables and I've made better use of the available registers. Tonight I'll post the code for everyone to look at (and criticise :) )

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?