Sunday, November 12, 2006

I've always hated the taste of SPAM

First time I've seen SPAM on a blog....

Anyway I've realised that I need to address the amount of time and memory that the scrolling graphics is going to take up, so I've been thinking how to change the routines as it stands (currently the scrolling is taking around half a frame of processing), now I know that I can improve that by storing the graphic pre-rotated but that means that each set of 4 tiles (they need to be grouped together0 will take 2K for all 16 rotations, which means that on a 48K Spectrum I would get very uninspiring graphics.

Well I think I have a new method but it will take a bit of experimentation.. so I'll keep you up to date with the progress.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?