Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Progress!

Well the sprites have been in for some time now and I've taken the time to reorganise the code and tidy things up and do some tests.

I can get 10 masked sprites on screen and still have time to render bullets and even some map sprites (these are cheaper to do as they do not need to be masked, but they do need to be ORed), so I feel fairly comfortable with where I am and I could do a fairly faithful representation of the Plus4 version.

The main difference is that 10 - 16x16 sprites makes the screen fairly busy, as the Plus4 has a wider effective screen than the Spectrum, so I might revise that down for aesthetic (rather than technical reasons).

So the next thing to do, are the path code for the enemies and it will start to feel like a game.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?